Wednesday 3 September 2008

Oops autumn is on the way.

I only want to say this really quietly, but have you noticed how autumn is approaching stealthily? The long summer days are over and its getting dark incredibly early. Last night, after a really long day's work (15hours) I came home and in the car on the way home I noticed that the thermometer was showing some 21.5°. At that was at 10:00pm. As I got home the dogs wanted to go for a walk and so I took them a little way along the lane. It was an eerie still and very dark night. There is no moon about at the moment and as we walked along the deserted lane there were only the crickets to keep us company. We didn't go far, in fact we only went to the small copse at the end of the lane and then we turned back. I was incredibly tired and in a very strange mood. I came into the house but nobody seemed to want to talk to me so I decided to go to bed. No sooner had I climbed into my wonderfully welcoming bed than the heavens opened up and the rain was lashing down like the devil! It was really exciting lying in the bed and hearing the wild wind and rain as they battled for my attention, and to think that I had nearly been caught in that dreadful storm. Amazing, don't you think.

I slept (to the dulcet tones and timbre of the quietly playing radio) and woke this morning to hear them talking about of all things damsons. Ah, that's how it is in my life. Always interesting if nothing else.

No comments: