Sunday 31 August 2008

Sunday Morning no blues but blue suede shoes

Once again it is Sunday morning and all is well in the world. Well, at least in my little world. Russia and the USA are playing cat and mouse again, the weather is throwing another wobbly and the North Pole and the South Pole are having fun cross-dressing! For my part, I am busy listening to Pink Floyd's first album "Piper at the gates of dawn". Its been so long now I can't really remember when I first heard this album but the music from this work has followed me through most of my adult life. Of course, the first album I ever heard from Pink Floyd was "Atom Heart Mother" but for whatever reason, Pink Floyd's music as accompanied me ever since.
Anyway, to come back to now and the weather here in Schermbeck. Yesterday was a wonderful sunny late summer early autumn day. We spent the whole day in the garden and I must say we really achieved an awful lot. The garden looks good and I am looking forward to doing some pottering about later today.

I have up rooted a few plants from the old house and now they need to be planted out ready for next year. My black eyed Suse and other delicate plants can start being prepared for coming in to the house because at night time it really does cool down considerably.

No comments: