Saturday 23 August 2008

Saturday Morning and all is still

It is dark and silent outside. Barley a sound is to be heard out there. The sky is heavily overcast and still and impenetrably colourless. I have been awake for about half and hour now and since it is the weekend, I have decided that I can afford to have a bit of a tinker on the computer and maybe sleep a bit later.

The house is silent, too. The children have gone to stay at their father's for the weekend and Uwe and Sabine are upstairs, presumably asleep. I have to admit to being somewhat down the whole week and yesterday was a really bad Bobbi day. I simply wanted to come home and get into my room and shut myself off from the rest of the world. In fact, things worked out very differently. Firstly, Sabine asked if I was going to cook and so I immersed myself in making something nice for supper. Uwe was on his way on his motor bike and I knew it would be nicer for him if we had something warm and satisfying, so I cooked up fete cheese in puff pastry and roasted olive oil drenched potatoes and onions. It was a big success and despite my better judgement we finished the meal with a bottle of beer and later a glass of wine. Suse had telephoned at around five thirty and had implied that she would be coming to see us shortly. I had laid an extra place for her at the table but she didn't turn up until much later. After dinner, Uwe suggested playing guitar a little and somewhat surprised at his suggestion I happily complied and then we had a really nice half and hour or maybe even more of singing and playing together. It did me good and left me feeling much better about my self. The whole day, I had been on a downer and had been building a really negative self image. After playing guitar and singing with Uwe I felt like my old self again. Thanks, young man.

No comments: