Tuesday 12 August 2008

Had a great day today. What about you?

The day started well. I woke a little later than I wanted to but then I was working quite late last night and I just didn't have the enthusiasm to get up so early this morning. Anyway, I am glad to say that I slept quite well last night and felt so much better for it this morning.

I got up, did the morning ablutions and went into the kitchen. Bina had had a late night with Uwe last night so I didn't expect her to be getting up so early (07:20) and so I poured myself a coffee and went back to my apartment. I noticed a piece of paper on the table and decided to read it and saw that it was a note from Bina to me to tell me that the dogs had already been fed. She knows that as soon as I get up I usually go automatically to the toilet and then feed the dogs as the first thing in the morning. Armed with my coffee and the knowledge that the girls had been fed I went back to my room and started working on my business website. It is beginning to really look good now. Have a look here.

Work on the site went really well and later I heard a noise in the kitchen and saw that it was Lisa and so joined her for a few minutes to eat my breakfast with her. We talked a little and I ate a peice of bread and some cooked meat. After she left the room I tidied away the breakfast things and taking another cup of coffee I went back to work. After a while I decided to take the girl for a walk and having dressed appropriately (see last entry) for the cooler weather off we went down the lane.

I decided to give a bit of effort to the session and really got up a good pace. The sky had been grey from early morning on but now it was starting to rain. I had noticed this before I left the house and so I had had the good sense to put my anorak on. Thank goodness I did because on the way it started to really rain and I would have got quite wet if I hadn't been wearing it.

When I came back we met briefly and I got stuck into working on the site. By 12:00 I was thinking about getting ready for work and decided to prepare a salad for dinner. Bina helped and we were soon tucking into a very tasty green salad with eggs and goats cheese. Mmm. very tasty.

I finally went off to work and started to prepare for the coming customers. I knew that Justin was coming and after him, Wilhelm. With Justin it was the same old shit but with Wilhelm we had a great session disscussing the pros and cons of opera. It was a very interesting 40 minutes or so. Then Jill arrived and we had a really nice time. She has really developed in the last 6 or 7 weeks and is growing into a really pretty and nice little girl. I have to say that today it was a pleasure to work with her. Anyway, she left and I was just getting packed up to leave when somebody rang the door bell. Turned out to be Nikolas, a student from the last term who had simply assumed that we would carry on as before and hadn't thought it necessary to phone to ask if it was ok to come and visit me. He went to Hong Kong during the holiday and had had to use English to communicate and this had really impressed him. Today, all the children seemed such different creatures to those that I had been teaching shortly before the summer holidays. It was such a nice and pleasant change. After our session I was, once again, getting ready to leave when suddenly another student arrived. I had thought that I would be home about 3:30pm but it was now already 05:30pm and that meant that I wouldn't be leaving the office before well past six o'clock. Never mind. At least the students brought money with them. At last a little bit of money coming in. Phew that's a relief.

Finally I managed to get away, but it was nearer seven o'clock than anything else. I was just getting into the car when I remembered that I had promised (several hours before) Katrin that I would be along in a few minutes. It had completely slipped my mind and so realising my mistake I decided to simply go there and see how she would react. She greeted me a little strangely but soon warmed and we had a really nice hour together. We discussed lots of things and being able to talk with her helped get a few things off my chest.

As I am writing this blog I am listening to music and with the door wide open I can hear the gentle pitter patter of the mild summer evening rain outside. The weather today has been spectacular to say the least. As I was coming home from Katrin's I was almost mesmerised by the colours and shapes to be seen in the sky. It was more than fantastic, it was breathtaking. I raced home in order to get my camera out and to take a few shots.

No comments: