Friday 10 October 2008

To die or to choose your time of death

I am currently listening to the bbc and the theme is about how to kill yourself when you are terminally ill. There is some Australian guy who has gone to England to give lectures about how to kill yourself. To counter him there is a stupid woman who is playing the good cop role and who is trying really hard to protect vulnerable people. In my eyes she is just wining on and on and she keeps talking about people not having the right to decide when they die. She says she wants to protect people's rights but is in my mind purely a self appointed representative of the bleeding hearts and artists brigade who believe that we are all morans who, having been to such a seminar will run out kill themselves.

It is a really fascinating how the argument runs from side to side. I beleive in free choice and live and let live. Or do I actually mean live and let die? Mmm, good question huh?

No comments: