Wednesday 1 October 2008

Eeri and somewhat chilling

I just woke up to find that it is past 11 o'clock. I came home from work quite early today and settled down on the sofa to have an hours reading and rest. I have been feeling a little strange the whole day and felt like lying down. Having woken up and put on my heavy suede coat and shoes I opened the door for the two dogs to get out and was shocked at just how crazy Luna reacted. It was as if someone or something had been outside the door and she seemed to be chasing it down the lane. It made for a bit of spooky feeling. I'm not quick to freak out and so decided to concentrate on keeping my wits about me and in an effort to distract myself from such negative thoughts I looked to the sky. It is truly beautiful out there tonight. The ink black star encrusted sky is bordered at the horizon by a milky white wispy bank of cloud. In contrast to the endless blackness of the sky, the horizon looks like something out of a science fiction film. Astounding.

Suffice to say, we didn't go far and the girls (at least Sidney) didn't seem all that inclined to free their bladders and so we came back quite quickly. Luna disappeared and after having brought Sidney back I locked the door once more and in utter darkness and with more than a sliver of trepidation I walked back into the all enshrouding blackness to find her. After walking little more than twenty metres she came running out of the invisible shadows and straight past me as if to say, "come on slow coach, let's get back in". I was pleased to see her although I disguised my pleasure with scalding and recriminations I was very glad that she was ok. In the darkness of the middle night and having just awoken from a strange dream filled sleep, I seemed to be in a particularly perceptive state and had difficulty in controlling my imagination. I came in, brushed my teeth and felt the need to write this entry. 'Funny stuff' huh? Sleep well whoever is out there.

No comments: