Wednesday 10 September 2008

More nonesense

Trees, fields, rivers, mushrooms and windy days
Elven glades and goblin caves
A winding brook aspiring to be a stream
A minnow dreams of brother bream

Days spent in calm repose
A moment lost to a silly prose
A painful heel to hold me back
A light switch to make it black

A list of words to lay in rhyme
A rhyme to rhyme in time with rhyme
A feeling that holds me down
A storm is coming to this sorry clown

A tune to sing, to hold and hum
A reflected smile so dull, so glum
A meadow decked in blue
A photo of me and you

A pullover that holds your scent
A hardened word that I never meant
A sense of loss of things gone by
A solitary cloud in a cloudless sky

A dream of better days to come
A line of chords such fun to strum
A melody of dancing notes
like bubbling water neath a speeding-boat

A pillar of smoke in a sullen vale
A dress of silk, so sheer, so pale
A curve, a line, a rounded form
Guides me through this endless storm

Plants green and flowerless fill the room
My constant companions, the endless tunes
The thoughts that threaten with undertow
The thoughts that no one can ever know

The night is full and darkened ink
That dreaded moon that makes me think
That silent spider spinning thread
That hangs outside like silken dread

No comments: