Tuesday 23 September 2008

Children, children, children!

I have just returned from my first day with the children in Erle. I must say that it has been a real eye opener for me. I was shocked that the children of today don't have an ounce of respect for their elders and their behaviour is, on the whole deplorable. Naturally, most of the children were lovely and polite but the way in which the children run riot has rather shocked me.

None the less, it was fun and I did enjoy myself. I think that as much as anything it is a question of understanding that I am not going to be teaching there, more just playing with the children while using my own language.

Two of the children, boys as a matter of fact, were really difficult to get on with. One spent two thirds of the time hitting other children and generally causing trouble or making noise. I find the whole school system to be a disaster and the biggest mistake we ever made was in dropping the are of good discipline in schools.

No comments: